Friday, January 1, 2016

NTCA 2015 Throws Clinic

So to finish out this year I went to the NTCA throws clinic at the Spire Institute in Geneva, Ohio. It was nice going back to Ohio and seeing people I have not seen in a bit, but some of the best stuff was listening to stories and especially picking the brains of some of the greats in the field of coaching. Being able to be at a place and listen to people like Jud Logan, Lance Deal, and Ramona Pagel was just a great chance to always learn new things and to reassure you what sometimes you talk about are the right things you are supposed to talk about. This was probably over 25+ times I have heard Jud talk but still learned new things. The thing that was great is that I was able to talk to them all one on one, and that is the greatest thing- being able to find the best people for a subject and ask them what to do or advice. 

I think a lot of people are afraid of doing this. You need to be open to just ask the people who know more than you, and have the openness and humility to see what they have to say because a lot of the time it will surprise you how close you are. 


Throwing today in 20 degrees and a foot of snow, I am reminded by what almost everyone there said this weekend- it does not happen by chance but with hard work and dedication to something you love. 


I was honored to be there with Lance and Ramona getting inducted into the NTCA hall of fame, but especially happy to be there for my coach, mentor, and friend Jud Logan, which I would not have missed it for the world. 


I hope everyone got home all right and wanted to thank Rob Lasorsa for putting on another fine clinic and I appreciate him asking me to speak at it. Happy training and let's kick the new year in right, with a lot of hard training.

No comments:

Post a Comment